Oat and Raisin Cookies!

By 14:08:00 , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

If you're anything like me- a sweet tooth but still tries to be fairly healthy, you'll love these cookies!

This weekend for valentines, my boyfriend and I baked a lot of food, and these were probably my favourite. 
We used a cookie cookie to shape them into hearts when they first came out the oven and were still soft. This is not my own recipe but I just wanted to share it with you.

Ingredients:
  • 225g butter
  • 275g dark brown soft sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 200g plain flour
  • 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 250g porridge oats
  • 150g raisins

Method:
Prep:20min  ›  Cook:12min  ›  Ready in:32min
  • Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
  • In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and dark brown soft sugar until smooth. Stir in the eggs, vanilla and honey. Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon, gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, stir in the oats and raisins.
  • Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto unprepared baking trays. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies start to brown. Remove from baking trays to cool on wire racks.

If you want to check it out online for yourself then click here


Surprisingly easy to make and very tasty, I'd recommend anyone to give them a go! I'm positive I'll make them again sometime soon.


I hope you all had a lovely valentines, I know I did! 

Emma :) 

You Might Also Like

9 comments