Feeling 22 and not sure what to do!

By 18:10:00 , , , , , , , , ,


Photo: Taken by myself on a Canon 700d, Krakow Town Centre 2017. 

The past few years I feel have been rather difficult. Maybe difficult isn’t the right word, perhaps even a little bit overdramatic. What I mean is that in your early twenties I feel immense pressure and confusion to make decisions.

See the thing is, I want my own space, I want to move out but then there’s the decision of renting or saving for a mortgage. I want a stable and growing career, but also to enjoy it. Perhaps what I want in life is a risk, a job that isn’t conventional and something you can’t just qualify for and then do. My degree is in English and Media, it made sense to me at the time, I enjoy reading and writing, I love film, images and videography. To me the perfect job would be blogging full time, not for the PR packages or the good pay packet or even the attention. It’s a job that is filled with everything I enjoy. But I’ll never take that risk to just quit a job and go for it. I’m not that brave.

So that leaves me to a point where you ask yourself, so what now? What exactly do you take the risk for? I haven’t quite figured that out just yet.

One thing I do know is that before I settle down into anything, I want to explore. This world has so much to offer, and I want to experience it all. Push myself to my limits. So that’s what I have decided. I decided to finally do it, after talking about travelling with my boyfriend since we first met, now felt like the perfect time to go.

On January 2nd, I will be travelling South- East Asia for 3 months, so longer than a holiday but not long enough to feel like I’m gone forever. Just enough to experience somewhere else.

Life is confusing during your early-twenties, and I wrote this post to get it all off my chest and to see if anyone else could relate. Sometimes you have to follow your heart, and just think fuck it, life is too short, there’s plenty of time to worry about careers and a place to make a home. 

There’s so many more experiences to have, more people to meet and food to taste. Sometimes we forget how young we really are, when I’m 60, I want to look back and remember these experiences, that’s why I decided to take some time from work, to be twenty something and make memories.

I hope some of you might think the same, stop stressing and have fun.

I’ll be posting mine and my boyfriends adventures online, if it’s something you’d like to see, then I will share our social and website with you.

Emma :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments